Regular attendance is essential for a dancer to show progress in technique. It is also much appreciated by the staff and the rest of the class if all dancers arrive on time. Classes meet every week unless there is a holiday. Please refer to our calender.
Tuition is based upon the total number of classes in the nine month period and is divided into 9 equal payments. The monthly fee is NOT based on the actual number of classes in that month. There are several discounted payment options available also. Tuition is due by the 10th of the month.
Cancellation of Class
Class cancellations due to illness or inclement weather will be posted on Facebook and an email sent to those families who provided email addresses for our records. There will also be an outgoing message placed on the studio phone. In addition, weather-related cancellation notices will be posted on WPXI, WTAE, and KDKA websites and MAY BE broadcast on the television stations (at stations' option).
Attire and Appearance
The proper dress codes must be followed to ensure the safety of the students, as well as to permit the teacher an unobstructed view of the dancer to ensure the techniques are being learned. Please adhere to the following dancewear guidelines.
- Pre-School Combination Class – black leotard, pink tights, black leather tap shoes (must have a buckle with strap, no ties), and pink leather ballet shoes (no ballet slippers)
- Acro/Gymnastics Classes – leotard with tan or pink stirrup tights
- Jazz/Lyrical Class – leotard with stirrup tights, tan jazz shoes, and/or foot undeez
- Ballet/Pointe Class – black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Pink pointe shoes (teacher approved)
- Tap Class – entry level will be Black Leather buckle tap shoe. Experienced tappers should check with the studio before purchasing shoes
Tee shirts, sweat suits, etc are not acceptable. Please pull hair back neatly. All dancewear items are available at the studio during Fittings Dates in August and September and should be purchased through the studio to ensure the proper fit and needed quality.
Dance Workshop Students - you will receive the full studio policy document in your registration packet.